Cousteau’s Library Documentary Center (BCD)
The BCD is open to Preschool and Elementary school students. It is a central place of life within the school but it is also a place of study and documentary research.
Many resources are available to students: albums, novels, documentaries, stories, magazines, comic books and audiobooks in French or English.
Students have the opportunity to borrow books during their session which takes place once a week.
During these sessions, the teacher-librarian provides activities such as reading, documentary research or events related to French and international culture.
Accessible on PC and Ipad from the BCD and classes, Culturethèque, the Institut Français’s digital library offers a rich collection of albums, animated books, comics, novels as well as a digital youth press.
- Preschool & Kindergarten: 1 book for 7 days
- From Grade 1 to 5: 2 items (maximum 1CD/DVD or 1 comic) for 7 days
- Students are allowed to renew the loan period.
- Overdue reminders are communicated to students during their sessions at the BCD and to parents for latecomers.
- In case of loss or degradation (non-repairable tear, scribbles, stains) of a document, two possibilities:
- substitution (same item, same author)
- reimbursement (price for new item+20% for shipping) is due
Schedule & contact
Monday to Friday: 9am to 3pm
Free access is subject to the permission of the teacher or a supervisor.
Contact: Sandra Guéhennec, Librarian: firstname.lastname@example.org